Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no power  (Read 2035 times)

vanman

no power
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:12:53 PM »
hi my desktop will not start unless I warm it up Imean Ihave to put a heater under it!any ideas?

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: no power
    « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »
    thats never a good idea.  Depends on how cold your room is that it may not be able to start.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
    I never heard of a computer not starting because it's too cold...

Vanman, We need more information. Please look here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33586.html

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:32:27 AM »
      I have experinced it.  Keep my room on a hot day at 68 or so took a good while for my machines too start.  Appling heat wont solve anything though expect for a chance increase of failing parts.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 07:29:01 AM »
      20 degrees isn't cold...

Besides, I've had/seen PC's start from -10 to -20 degrees celsius with no problems.

Appling heat wont solve anything though expect for a chance increase of failing parts.

It won't solve anything... and yet, it has already solved their problem of booting the machine.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 09:40:46 AM »
        I know which is wierd.  I never heard of such things personally.

jimbo8098

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 11:19:17 AM »
          Here in the UK we are constanty in the 10 degree celsius (50 F ?) and thats the average high lol

Mabe something to do with the OS , scared of a low temp or something?

Could also be your equipment though if your computer can start after that then it probably isnt...

what is the average tem where you stay? whats it normally around?

I am currently working for clicknetworks IT Support. Please feel free to visit our site at http://www.clicknetworks.co.uk