Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to find my URL for one of my sites  (Read 24285 times)

Salmon Trout

Re: Trying to find my URL for one of my sites
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »
I think I get the gist of creating your unique MySpace URL, and sharing it does NOT require giving anyone your username and password.

This is NOT myYahoo! which is what started this thread, which is only a personalized homepage.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »
No, it's not myyahoo. I don't even have a yahoo account.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 12:48:09 PM »
No, it's not myyahoo. I don't even have a yahoo account.

Er, this is your first post in this thread

Trying to find out what my url is for my bellsouth page. Could someone please tell me what shows up if you go here http://att.my.yahoo.com/
Thanks,
Amy

That is a myYahoo! account.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »
I know you all said not to give my email address out due to spammers, but I don't know how else to explain it without giving it out.
amyr2[at]bellsouth[dot]net
is my user id I sign into Bellsouth with to edit my site. If it was yahoo it would have @yhaoo.com
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:48:14 PM by kpac »

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 12:54:06 PM »
Oh, that is because I put the wrong url in. sorry

Salmon Trout

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 12:56:08 PM »
Here is where I go to login and edit things on my bellsouth one if that will help at all https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.src=my&.done=http://att.my.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.partner=sbc

Also, here is a picture too of what is suppose to come up. Maybe that will also help.

Thanks,
Amy

Can you see the yahoo in there?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 12:58:34 PM »
That is because it's powered by yahoo. There is a big difference.
It's not a yahoo account, I'm not paying yahoo, we are paying Bellsouth.

If your account has been upgraded to the att.net Powered by Yahoo home page, you should no longer sign-in here.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »
Can you see the yahoo in there?

Are you still trying to feed her this notion that the only way she can share her personal web space in this account is to share her username and password?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 02:19:02 PM »
Are you still trying to feed her this notion that the only way she can share her personal web space in this account is to share her username and password?

I never was trying to feed her that notion, as my previous post made clear.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 02:40:58 PM »
I'm sorry, I see that by accidentally typing in the wrong url, looks like I've caused a problem  :'(

Even if I did have a yahoo account, which I don't, people would be able to share the website with others.The reason I think that is because of on Geocities with them closing, one thing it says there "Although GeoCities is closing, Yahoo! has other great options to help you express yourself online." Then if you go here https://login.yahoo.com/?.done=http%3A%2F%2Fprofiles.yahoo.com%2F&.intl=us&.src=prf&.pd=c%3DpjYaRE2p2e7qnVyDc3WyJsc-
Which is where you would sign in if you had a yahoo account, on that page there under the Yahoo Id box there is this thing
"(e.g. free2rhyme[at]yahoo[dot]com)"

Which is what I'm trying to say, my id would be amyr2[at]yahoo[dot]com if I had a yahoo account.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:49:15 PM by kpac »

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
Hi everyone,
How are you all doing?  Even though I'm never going to become a professional webpage designer, or have any jobs in my life, I still want to make sure I understand these things better since I do use the Internet all the time and do need want to understand better so I know what information is needed like when I was having problems getting my registration email from sites, our ISP kept asking me to put things in that I have no idea what all they wanted and didn't even have most of what they wanted either. They want to know things like the address of where the business is, the domain, ip address, phone numbers, and so much more. One of the places I was having problems getting my email from is www.funtrivia.com it was blocking the email from coming through. Since the owner of the site works from home, I don't have half the information they want.
I've also been doing more reading, and I found a site that I think might help explain what I was trying to explain too about our domain thing, I guess that is what you were asking about- http://www.who.is/domain_archive-net/bellsouth.net/
I did also go back again to that site here [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_registrar][/url] too that you all said to go to and so many things on there I have a questions, see, we had to put in stuff like tcp/ip settings, the port settings all that stuff, etc..  was set up when my nephew and his dad setup the router and modem when we switched from Earthlink to Bellsouth DSL  with so many other things we got with it too. Here is something it says on the site  that "Some packages of Internet services, such as web hosting, include the domain registration in the total package pricing."

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 04:19:16 AM »
One of the places I was having problems getting my email from is www.funtrivia.com it was blocking the email from coming through. Since the owner of the site works from home, I don't have half the information they want.
What do you mean "blocking your email coming through"? The owner of what site works from home? What information?

I found a site that I think might help explain what I was trying to explain too about our domain thing, I guess that is what you were asking about- http://www.who.is/domain_archive-net/bellsouth.net/
But you don't own bellsouth.net and you don't need to know the registrar or any of that, so that page is no use to you.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 06:45:13 AM »
when you sign up at geocities you also sign up for a yahoo ID. the only way you'd get a @yahoo.com email is if you opt to sign up for that.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
What do you mean "blocking your email coming through"? The owner of what site works from home? What information?
Funtrivia. In order to finish up registration for alot of things they send email and you have to do the stuff it says in the email. My ISP is blocking the email from coming through and I have to provide all this information like originating ip address, domain, address where the business is, etc.. Since the guy works from home, alot of the information they want nobody can get that information. Which I understand, because I don't want people all over the world to know where I live.
when you sign up at geocities you also sign up for a yahoo ID. the only way you'd get a @yahoo.com email is if you opt to sign up for that.
Yes! Thank you, that helps to explain what I was trying to say about Bellsouth account. For my email it is @bellsouth.net
Same as on that page that I gave about the Domain thing, I have the same thing as them, except the thing before the @ is diffferent, but after it is the same. @bellsouth.net

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »
Hi, I'm Amy's mom and I'm trying to help her understand this.  As I also thought Bellsouth was considered our domain.
Could someone please help clear some of these things up for us? Still not understanding the Domain.
Here is something else that we are hoping you can see why we are still confused.
Amy has saved assignments, tests, etc.. from classes she has taken for references to go back to.
Some of the things the class covered in Chapter 2 was on The Internet and World Wide Web, and then some questions in the assignments and here are what they give for the answers too for a couple of questions on Domain.
Here are what the questions were and the answers
"
1. In an e-mail address, the ____ is the location where the user's account is set up.
The line there is because that was where we had to put the answer out of the choices they gave
which were
A. username
B. type
C. domain
D. service
And the Answer was C- Domain

2. Given the following e-mail address: [email protected]
What is the domain?________
What is the type?______
What is the username? ______
For the domain it said that xyz is the answer
Then the type is edu and username is tbaker
"

Also thank you very much for all the help you all are giving us on understanding this