Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Welcome Boozu and Two-eyes  (Read 12051 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Welcome Boozu and Two-eyes
« on: November 03, 2009, 10:28:43 PM »
Would like to Boozu and Two-eyes to the Computer Hope Folding@Home team, I've added the F@H icon to both of your accounts. Thank you for your participation.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Two-eyes

Intermediate
    Re: Welcome Boozu and Two-eyes
    « Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 10:49:16 AM »
    Would like to welcome Boozu and Two-eyes to
    :P.
    Thanks, and thanks for showing me this cause.
    I believe the bushes in my yard will BURN before God picks up a PC to send a message

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 11:02:10 AM »
    Welcome, both of you, I hope you have an enjoyable experience with us.
    Evil is an exact science.

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »
    I'm still able to surf the web so I leave it running 24/7 (unless I feel like playing a game for a little, then I pause it). I am confused about the point system though. It seems totally unrelated to the WU you get. One person in our group has 3376 WU (The most in the group) but is only 23rd in the team rankings because of points.

What are the points based on? Thanks.
    Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 07:38:21 PM »
    I'm still able to surf the web so I leave it running 24/7 (unless I feel like playing a game for a little, then I pause it). I am confused about the point system though. It seems totally unrelated to the WU you get. One person in our group has 3376 WU (The most in the group) but is only 23rd in the team rankings because of points.

What are the points based on? Thanks.

There are many factors that go into calculating points. The first I think it is the amount of work that needs to be done, the second is the deadline, (when it needs to be done by) The last is the kind of client you use to complete the workload.

I am using the Command Prompt version(Uni processor) and that is pretty low on points compared to people who use the PS3 and the people who use the GPU client. Those who use the more advance clients get more complicated codes or whatever they need to process.

You can check out how many points you can get based on what you are currently processing from here: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html
    At least I hope it is the amount of points I would be getting in the credit section. The code tells you which client the work will be assigned to.  :D