Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: looking for a game launcher/updating program kind of like steam  (Read 5387 times)

joeylockie

Topic Starter

looking for a game launcher/updating program kind of like steam
    « on: November 17, 2009, 02:22:54 PM »
    Hello every one sorry am new to these forums and don't know if this is the place to post this.

But am looking for a game launcher/updating program kind of like steam(client/server)(from Valve), that's open source so I am able to edit the look and feel of it.

Any one know of any or of any place to get the code in order to start making something like this?

cintari

Re: looking for a game launcher/updating program kind of like steam
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:10:19 AM »
    I would recommend xfire then. It is the ideal choice for what your currently asking. Just type it in on google, make an account, download. Then you can use it to manage your games in your pc.

joeylockie

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »
      No I didn't enplane it very well. I have a few online games am making/or working on.
      I was looking for something like steam, where the client downloads a a program. The program connects to a server that will update the games give the player news updates and things like that. know what I mean?

cintari

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:47:49 PM »
      No I didn't enplane it very well. I have a few online games am making/or working on.
      I was looking for something like steam, where the client downloads a a program. The program connects to a server that will update the games give the player news updates and things like that. know what I mean?

ya im pretty sure xfire does that........

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:58 AM »
      Just to help the OP, I believe they are looking for a program to help distribute their OWN game's patches/updates.

You might have to program your own as far as updating is concerned, or release update patches on your own website.