Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP on packard bell wont load, cannot seem to get xp disk to work  (Read 3186 times)

bliceheart

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

XP on packard bell wont load, cannot seem to get xp disk to work
    « on: December 14, 2009, 10:53:52 AM »
    hi resently got a packard bell lap top only i figure the hard drive on it is failing some how ,  the windows xp loading screen will comeup but thats as far as it gets before it blue screens,Stop: 0xc0000218 {Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config , 
    but is there a way to get it wokring again without getting a new hard drive? i attemted to reinstall via XP instalation disk but it will not register, and also while the disk is in i cannot acsess the bios, i have got it set to boot from the disk first but it allways times out and then trys to boot from hardrive,  (i considerd the xp recovery from the disk but i cannot get the disk to load, and ideas   ???

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: XP on packard bell wont load, cannot seem to get xp disk to work
    « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:57:35 AM »
    What?
    packard bell lap top
    Maybe I cam not the only one who will tell you to ...
    sell or pawn it and get another brand.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »
    What?Maybe I cam not the only one who will tell you to ...
    sell or pawn it and get another brand.
    Why so?  Although Packard Bell left the U.S. market years ago, they're still engaged in parts of Europe.  I admit I don't know anything about their reputation in Europe.

bliceheart

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 11:08:56 AM »
      haha no i know its terrible, but it was free, and my budget does not currently cover a new (or used ) laptop,, so no idea's on any thing that can be done?  :-\ :-\ :-\

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 12:16:49 PM »
      haha no i know its terrible, but it was free, and my budget does not currently cover a new (or used ) laptop,, so no idea's on any thing that can be done?  :-\ :-\ :-\
      OK. We like your attitude and candor.
      Give use as much relevant information you can about supercomputer and its problem. Model number. Where and when you got it. How old might it be. Which versions of XP. Is it the version that came with the PC. Did the problem start after a change to the hardware? Or did a new program start to mess things up? Do you have a good Anti Virus program?

Power on the machine a start tapping keys like deleter F1 F8 F10 ESC until you get into the BIOS setup.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
      You posted this question twice - I answered in the other thread: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,96629.0/topicseen.html