Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Help"please  (Read 3633 times)

johnboycrenshaw

Topic Starter

Starter

"Help"please
    « on: December 27, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »
    I have a two part question, both PC and laptop OS is Windows XP Pro. First for my desktop, when I browse the net ( I use Mozilla Firefox) I get a window that states Secure Connection Failed in the box it says invalid security certificate or expired.if you need more info on everything it says let me know and I'll type it all in it just differs from what I try to open.My desktop also seems to stop and pop up a blue screen saying something about shutting down to prevent harm to computer.It doesn't do it  everytime but alot when I seem to backup my movies.
    Next the laptop, my daughter was on the net and a pop up came up and started to download Internet Security 2010 and it is a virus but I have AVG 8.5 and ran tests but without any satisfaction.I have also tried to remove the program but it seems to not be in the add/remove programs to delete it.
    So if you could help with any of these problems I would greatly appreciate it.Also if it is spyware is there any free spyware/ad ware programs out there that i could download to prevent this form happening again?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: "Help"please
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
    Internet security 2010 is a bit of a pain to remove, but it can be done if you follow instructions. Download and run a scan with Malware Bytes - it will remove part of the trojan. Then follow the instructions here: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-internet-security-2010.html

That will do it, but to be safe you can follow the instructions at the top of the Malware forum at this site if you like.

BTW, I'm not a big AVG fan - you get what you pay for. And also, if you're going to stay with AVG you need to update it to ver 9 - AVG is not going to provide support for any version below 9 after next week.

johnboycrenshaw

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
      Which antivirus woul you suggest and would that Malware Bytes take care of my desktop also?

johnboycrenshaw

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 11:32:25 PM »
        I tried to add the malwarebytes and was unable to download the program.I've also tried to get into taskmanager to stop Internet Security 2010 but it will not allow me to access it.I also tried to download killbox and delete the program that way but no luck.I was just going to backup the drivers for this laptop and reformat but the virus allows me limited access to the files.Please anymore suggestions?

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 05:43:39 AM »
        Go to the malware forum on this site and follow the instructions at the top of that forum. Your problems are apparently more severe than just the one trojan.