Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista "Rating"  (Read 2962 times)

EEVIAC

Vista "Rating"
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:42:36 AM »
If you use Vista and right click on "computer" and click "properties" you'll notice a "rating" score.  Mine is 4.3  Your score can be updated if you upgrade your hardware and clicking on the "Windows Experience Index" to test your hardware performance..

Does anyone find this Vista feature useful?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Vista "Rating"
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:57:48 AM »
My cheap laptop (which is all I've got now running Vista) is at 3.5, got you beat. ;)
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

EEVIAC

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 06:25:25 AM »
Mine is 4.3 

maybe double check on that?   :)

edit: The ram in my Vista computer is actually running in single channel mode.. I wasn't paying close attention when I upgraded the ram about a year ago (capacity is not equal on each module) When I get the right configuration for dual channel mode, my score will probably go up..

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 10:04:36 AM »
5.9 on everything  ;D

I'm tempted to upgrade to Windows 7 just to see how much higher it will go.... 5.9 is the maximum it will go for Vista.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 10:11:02 AM »
Eh, my 2 1/2 year old laptop only shows 2.3.  :(.  Video is the factor holding it down.  Nothing I can do about that, but it's not a big issue.  For my usage, it runs fine with Vista Home Premium and 2GB of RAM. 

BTW, this topic could really have been in Other.  It's a computer-related discussion.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »
Eh, my 2 1/2 year old laptop only shows 2.3.  :(.  Video is the factor holding it down.  Nothing I can do about that, but it's not a big issue.  For my usage, it runs fine with Vista Home Premium and 2GB of RAM. 

oh yeah, my laptop (Satellite L300, Dual Core 2.0Ghz With 4GB RAM, Windows 7) get's 3.3; it get's... 5.0 on everything but 3d-graphics, which drag it down to 3.3. On the other hand, it's not 2 1/2 years old; it's less then a year old.

Sad fact is I hardly ever use it; it mostly sits and runs folding@home. I used to use it a lot more when it was better then my desktop, though.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

EEVIAC

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 02:00:48 PM »
Does anyone find this Vista feature useful?

Well, at the very least, I guess it's fun to see who can score highest  ;D
I never use the score to help determine what software can run on the computer and apparently, determining software compatibility is the reason for it..

Video is the factor holding it down

I myself was stuck at 2.3 until I added PCIe video card recently..