Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help  (Read 2253 times)

gunblaze87

Need help
« on: December 23, 2005, 04:06:34 AM »
Hi everybody, new here/..

Got a very serious problem, hope anyone can help me with it..
I've got a notebook and I can't seem to start up, all i can see now on the screen is that there is no operating system found.

Any help will be appreciated.. Thx

GX1_Man

Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 04:20:31 AM »
You will need to post some specifics. Did it used to work? What has happened between then and now? Are you the only one using this computer? And give some details about the machine.

gunblaze87

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 04:39:17 AM »
ya.. I'm the only one using it, it was able to work previously, but not now.. I tried reinstalling my OS, but they said that no hard disk drives were installed on your computer..

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 06:14:11 PM »
It's possible that the hard disk drive (HDD) is not installed or is bad on the computer if you're getting no hard disk drives were detected/installed on the computer. My suggestion would be to enter the CMOS setup and verify that CMOS is seeing the hard disk drive.

It's likely that CMOS is also not seeing the HDD, if this is the case unfortunately it's very likely that the HDD is bad in the computer. Some notebooks have easily removable hdd's that are usually accessible from the bottom of the laptop, if this is the case you can simply order a new HDD and just remove the other. Unfortunately though most laptops have the HDD inside the computer, which means in order to get this issue resolved you would need to take it to a repair shop capable of repairing your brand of laptop to fix this issue.

Additional information about CMOS setup:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000192.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein