Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Router installation without a cd  (Read 2102 times)

StingerMS

Router installation without a cd
« on: June 16, 2010, 02:00:34 PM »
Hey guys,

I've hooked up a router before, but I just purchased a refurb netgear wpn824 v3 from newegg and it didn't come with a cd or with installation instructions.  It did include a piece of paper to tell me to check out netgear.com, which promptly told me to use the cd. >:(

I'm running vista with comcast cable.  I've hooked up routers before with cd's, but never without.  Any tips would be great, whether it is a link or an explanation.

Thanks a lot guys. :)

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Router installation without a cd
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »
My linksys router I used to use, I just plugged in the cables and the power and the modem to it and it ran just fine. No CD required.

You do know how to install it? Unless you need some specific drivers to get the device running, you just connect your network cables properly. WAN to modem, then network cable from network card on your computer to any open LAN port on the router??? I assume you're just trying to use your cable internet with your router you have....

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »
I agree - you should not need anything - just plug & play.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »
http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2630
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WPN824v3_SM_22Aug07.pdf