Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: big problem with norton  (Read 22355 times)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: big problem with norton
    « Reply #15 on: February 11, 2006, 09:31:10 PM »
     jedwardsb.....  Clearly you may still have a virus .........

Your log indicates that you are not using any anti virus ..........What happened to Norton 2006 ?

This is a entry as a result of a virus .....
    C:\WINDOWS\dHJhY2N5\command.exe    ........ added by the Buddy virus......
    Manually locate and delete.........

Mark for removal :

O2 - BHO: ATLDistrib Object - {2353FCBC-012D-487B-8BF3-865C0929FBEB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtsts.dll  

O2 - BHO: Trecker Class - {39C78B50-7E98-4aa0-B007-D83114EA6E0F} - C:\PROGRA~1\Jalmp\jalmp.dll

O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)

There are a number of other questionable entries which may have to go as well.......but the ones listed are the bad ones .....

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:33:47 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

jedwardsb

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 09:58:29 PM »
    Sorry for the delay in my response. Ive been kind of busy..Anyway, I deleted everything that you all said to delete and for the most part that got rid of the problem. However, I still get random pop-ups( granted it is nowhere near as bad as before). Also, somehow, my mouse pad for the laptop isnt working correctly. The right click doesnt work as well as the scroll buttons. There normally is a display in the lower right hand corner that tells me where my finger is on the pad, but that has dissapeared. Maybe I inadvertently turned something off. Is there anyway to fix this?

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 10:24:04 PM »
      Your computer has ZERO realtime protection.
      Download, install, update and run the following.

1 x Antivirus, 2 x Antispyware, 1 x Firewall.
      We are wasting time until these things are in place.

jedwardsb

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 05:18:38 PM »
      Before I reinstall Norton, I was wondering if that was the wisest decision or not. The feelings about it seem to be mixed from you all. Also, about the firewall....Windows says there is one already that is guarding my system. Do you all suggest that I get something other than than the standard Windows firewall?
      « Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:14:11 PM by jedwardsb »

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »
        I'm not a big fan of Norton as it tries to take over your computer and is high on resources.
        The XP firewall doesn't monitor outgoing data so I'm not fond of it either.

I use AVG Free Antivirus because it runs like a clock and has never let me down.
        I use Spybot S&D running with the Teatimer because Microsoft Antispyware is like Norton (above).
        I use Prevx intrusion prevention system as a backup but I swap this around to try different programs
        like Winpatrol, Microsoft etc. (I'm thinking about trying the new Microsoft one soon)
        I use the Sygate firewall because I find the Zonealarm GUI very convoluted and confusing.

Just my thoughts, others may care to comment.

Mr_President

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 07:48:40 AM »
        Yes, Im running Norton 2006 and I havent had any other verision of it installed before. Im running Spybot now so hopefully that will solve the problem. But I was wondering, is it normal for Norton to slow down the system so tremendously?
        Thanks to everybody for all of the help.

AVG Free Home Edition

Norton is a resource hog.

jedwardsb

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 03:17:17 PM »
        I installed AVG and so far its running well. I did a full system scan. It told me to restart and I did. Im still having problems with pop-ups though. I was wondering if I can do anything about them. This is my updated Hijack this log. If anyone can tell me if its worth trying to fix this problem, I'd appreciate it.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
        Scan saved at 4:10:05 PM, on 2/19/2006
        Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
        MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
        C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
        C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
        C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
        C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
        C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
        C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
        C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\dHJhY2N5\command.exe
        C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
        C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
        C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1133212568\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
        C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
        C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
        C:\windows\winsysban9.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
        C:\Program Files\Sony\MD Simple Burner\NetMDSB.exe
        C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\sys021398279012.exe
        C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
        C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
        C:\DOCUME~1\traccy\APPLIC~1\SMBOLS~1\wuauclt.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\??rvices.exe
        C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
        C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
        C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
        C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
        C:\DOCUME~1\traccy\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 7 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
        R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = about:blank
        R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
        R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
        R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
        R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = about:blank
        R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = about:blank
        R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
        R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = about:blank
        R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
        R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {EC0D2D1D-EBF3-E15E-A7FB-E83B8B012192} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yqx.dll
        R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {EC0D2D69-EBF0-E22C-A7F8-E13B840221E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yqx.dll
        O2 - BHO: ATLDistrib Object - {2353FCBC-012D-487B-8BF3-865C0929FBEB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtsts.dll
        O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EC0D2D69-EBF0-E22C-A7F8-E13B840221E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yqx.dll
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1133212568\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Task Scheduler] C:\WINDOWS\system32\3D.tmp
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ObjectLoader] C:\WINDOWS\system32\1E3.tmp
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft (R) Windows Peer-to-Peer Security Interface] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ppsi32.exe
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsysupd] C:\windows\winsysupd9.exe
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [0oqw0ub0.dll] RUNDLL32.EXE 0oqw0ub0.dll,b 227015
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsysban] C:\windows\winsysban9.exe
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [susse] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpsw.exe"
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sys021398279012] C:\WINDOWS\sys021398279012.exe
        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sen] "C:\DOCUME~1\traccy\APPLIC~1\SMBOLS~1\wuauclt.exe" -vt mt
        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Avjbsi] C:\WINDOWS\system32\??rvices.exe
        O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
        O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
        O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
        O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
        O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
        O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
        O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Prog

jedwardsb

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 03:18:39 PM »
        Sorry, this is the rest

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
        O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
        O16 - DPF: {74CD40EA-EF77-4BAD-808A-B5982DA73F20} (YazzleActiveX Control) - http://yax-download.yazzle.net/YazzleActiveX.cab?refid=1123
        O18 - Filter: text/html - {2F6E85DC-8D2D-4896-8A4F-7DF8A7B1749D} - C:\PROGRA~1\Jalmp\jalmp.dll
        O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
        O20 - Winlogon Notify: IntelWireless - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\LgNotify.dll
        O20 - Winlogon Notify: OemStartMenuData - C:\WINDOWS\system32\m0po0a73ed.dll
        O20 - Winlogon Notify: vtsts - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtsts.dll
        O20 - Winlogon Notify: winwim32 - winwim32.dll (file missing)
        O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
        O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
        O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
        O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\dHJhY2N5\command.exe
        O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
        O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
        O23 - Service: MD Simple Burner Service (NetMDSB) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\MD Simple Burner\NetMDSB.exe
        O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
        O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
        O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
        O23 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service (RpcSssvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\RpcSs.exe (file missing)
        O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation  - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
        O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
        O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
        O23 - Service: WLANKEEPER - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe

rockerest

Hopeful
          • Yes
        « Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 08:19:12 PM »
        http://www.hijackthis.de/

Copy and paste your entire logfile into the box and click the analyze button.

Your first logfile post found 3 viruses and probably 20 spyware.  Go through them all (Red exclamation marks and yellow question marks) and check to make sure they're something you need.  Try typing each program or string into google.  It usually brings up on the first or second link a page that'll tell you what it is...

Yeah, definitely a lot of spyware/adware....

My opinion on Norton can be found in http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1135475077/18#18

-rock
        In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
        Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
        Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »
          Download, install & [highlight]update[/highlight]...
          CLEANUP
          Ccleaner
          ANTI SPYWARE
          Ad-Aware
          Spybot S&D
          Microsoft Antispyware (W2k & XP)
          ANTI VIRUS
          AVG Free [highlight](Set options to 'scan all files')[/highlight]
          ANTI TROJAN
          EWIDO (W2k & XP)

Turn off System Restore if applicable. (ME & XP users)

Run Ccleaner
          Run Ad-Aware
          Run Spybot
          Run Microsoft Antispyware
          Run AVG Free
          Run Ewido

Re-start in Safe Mode
          Re-run AVG Free

Re-start in Normal Mode
          Turn on System Restore if applicable. (ME & XP users)

Then come back with a fresh Hijackthis log, let's see how good these scanners are.  :)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 11:19:43 PM »
             jedwardsb.....  Locate these entries manually and delete them .......  C:\WINDOWS\dHJhY2N5\command.exe   .........  

I would mark for removal the following :

O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\dHJhY2N5\command.exe

O23 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service (RpcSssvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\RpcSs.exe (file missing)    

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:20:46 PM by dl65 »
            If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Fed

• Sage
              « Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 02:31:13 AM »
              Awww DL65, I wanted to see a new log after the recommended antivirus & antispyware routine. :(

jedwardsb

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 12:17:04 PM »
              Thanks to everyone for the help. I downloaded all of the software that FED suggested and it seems to have gotten rid of all that *censored* spyware. In the process however two things happened that I was wondering if I could get advice on.
              1) My quick links have disappeared(the ones that are in the lower left hand corner to the right of the Start menu). I tried dragging and dropping my old icons, but that didnt work.
              2) My mousepad doesnt work right at all.  The scroll parts of the pad don't respond. Lastly, there used to be an icon that showed where my finger was on the mouspad, that too has dissapeared.

But aside from those minor issues, everything seems to be fine.

To those that wanted to see my updated log, here it is....

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
              Scan saved at 1:15:18 PM, on 2/20/2006
              Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
              MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
              C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
              C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
              C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
              C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
              C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
              C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
              C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
              C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1133212568\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
              C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
              C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
              C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
              C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
              C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
              C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
              C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\??rvices.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
              C:\Program Files\Sony\MD Simple Burner\NetMDSB.exe
              C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
              C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
              C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
              C:\Documents and Settings\traccy\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
              R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {EC0D2D69-EBF0-E22C-A7F8-E13B840221E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yqx.dll
              O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EC0D2D69-EBF0-E22C-A7F8-E13B840221E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yqx.dll
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1133212568\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Task Scheduler] C:\WINDOWS\system32\3D.tmp
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ObjectLoader] C:\WINDOWS\system32\1E3.tmp
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft (R) Windows Peer-to-Peer Security Interface] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ppsi32.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsysupd] C:\windows\winsysupd10.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [0oqw0ub0.dll] RUNDLL32.EXE 0oqw0ub0.dll,b 227015
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gimmygames] C:\windows\gimmygames10.exe
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sen] "C:\DOCUME~1\traccy\APPLIC~1\SMBOLS~1\wuauclt.exe" -vt mt
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Avjbsi] C:\WINDOWS\system32\??rvices.exe
              O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
              O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
              O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
              O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
              O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
              O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
              O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
              O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
              O16 - DPF: {74CD40EA-EF77-4BAD-808A-B5982DA73F20} (YazzleActiveX Control) - http://yax-download.yazzle.net/YazzleActiveX.cab?refid=1123
              O20 - Winlogon Notify: IntelWireless - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\LgNotify.dll
              O20 - Winlogon Notify: ModuleUsage - C:\WINDOWS\system32\k8440ihqe84e0.dll

jedwardsb

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »
              O20 - Winlogon Notify: ModuleUsage - C:\WINDOWS\system32\k8440ihqe84e0.dll
              O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
              O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
              O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
              O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
              O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
              O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
              O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
              O23 - Service: MD Simple Burner Service (NetMDSB) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\MD Simple Burner\NetMDSB.exe
              O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
              O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
              O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
              O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation  - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
              O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
              O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
              O23 - Service: WLANKEEPER - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe

rockerest

Hopeful
                • Yes
              « Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 06:19:04 PM »
              Both the scroll and icon for your mousepad are probably settings that can be changed from inside your mouse software.

Quicklinks, like programs you use a lot?

You can get them back by just using the programs a lot.  However, I've got the programs I use a lot pinned to my start menu, and NO quicklinks enabled.  That way, they never go away.....
              In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
              Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
              Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.