Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my IE blocks myspace.com  (Read 7084 times)

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    my IE blocks myspace.com
    « on: June 30, 2006, 09:05:15 AM »
    ok i just got my mom a new computer a couple of months ago. she told me to block myspace.com and i did. but now she took my computer cuz of my idiot brother and his friends. so now i need to get on myspace.com again on the family computer, but i cant remember what i did to block the site. every time i enter www.myspace.com into the URL bar the stupid dell search engine comes up saying "cant find www.myspace.com" it makes me mad because i cant remember how i blocked it in the first place. so can you guys help me out?

thanks,

unlovedwarrior

GX1_Man

Re: my IE blocks myspace.com
    « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 06:05:07 PM »
    There is something wrong with this story. Why would your mom want or even care if myspace.com was blocked on her computer?

Pass.  ::)

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 01:18:25 PM »
      cuz its my mom my grandma convinced her myspace gives viruses every time you get on it

RapedApe

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 03:38:12 PM »
      So, it's her computer, she doesn't have to go on it if she doesn't want to...

Anyways, I don't really care if you're trying to figure out how your mom blocked you out of myspace. Most likely source is something she installed or some security software. Although since it's redirecting you it might be the hosts file. If it is the hosts file just go there and change it back to the way it was. You shouldn't have any trouble with that since you changed it in the first place right?

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 08:09:45 AM »
        the thing was i was the one who blocked it a long time ago and i can remember what i did.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 12:33:17 PM »
        ...she told me to block myspace.com and i did. but now she took my computer cuz of my idiot brother and his friends. so now i need to get on myspace.com again on the family computer...

Unloved,

Answer me this satisfacyion and i'll help you out: If your mother does not want you to visit MySpace.com with your own computer, why would she let you visit MySpace.com with her computer?

Doc

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:34:42 PM by pcdoc4christ »

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 12:36:10 PM »
          cuz if she wont let me have power cord back then her computer becomes my computer.. Doc

plus Doc my grandma filled her head with lies " myspace. com gives you viruses everytime they g on it"
          but what do i know im not the one in the family who fixes everyone eles mistakes. especially my grandma's mistakes (that happen on a daily bais)
          « Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:40:47 PM by unlovedwarrior »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 01:35:20 PM »
          Unloved:

I think you misunderstood my question.  Let me ask it a different way: She took one computer away from you because you visited a Web site she does not like.  So, why would she want you to visit the same Web site on her other computer?  

Doc

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 01:39:52 PM by pcdoc4christ »

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 01:46:48 PM »
            no she took my comp because my @!@!@!@ brother tried to be funny and put a chick in a car with no shirt as my desktop and my mom walked in on him right after he did that.( he was tring to show off for his friend) i thought i logged off my account but i guess i didnt. but anyways she didnt block myspace, i did, but now i cant remember how i did it cuz it was so far back.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 12:47:51 PM »
            OK.  It might be that the Windows firewall, or some other firewall software, is blocking certain software required for MySpace.com.  To temporarily disable the firewall, do this:

1. Click Start.

2. Select Control Panel on the Start menu.

3. In the Control Panel, on the left-hand side, select Switch to Classic View (unless it is already displaying classic view).

4. In the Control Panel, double-click Windows Firewall.

5. Select Off (Not Recommended), or select the Exceptions tab and select the check box for any software required for MySpace.com.

6. If the Windows Firewall already indicates it is off, you might have a different firewall program installed, such as Norton Internet Security, or the ZoneAlarm firewall.  Try disabling one of these by right-clicking the icon for the firewall program in the Notification Area (where the Windows clock is located) and choosing the correct option in the shortcut menu.  

For example, with Norton Internet Security, point to Options on the shortcut menu and click Internet Security, and then in the Norton Internet Security dialog box, select the Firewall tab and make the changes you need to allow the MySpace.com software.

IMPORTANT: If you disable a firewall, your computer will be less protected while it is connected to the Web.  Do this at your own risk, and do not forget to enable the firewall before you leave the computer.

Hope that helps,
            Doc
            « Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:50:00 PM by pcdoc4christ »

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 01:20:11 PM »
              ok thanks for the help.. ill try it in a bit.. i forgot about the norton firewall

tucker42

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 01:36:04 PM »
              It's interesting you can't remember what you did todisable it but you remember everything about what got you in trouble. hmmmmm

Dead_reckon

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 01:41:52 PM »
              It's interesting you can't remember what you did todisable it but you remember everything about what got you in trouble. hmmmmm

its interesting that you only mess with people rather than actually give help...

if i understand correctly, she took your computers power cord, if thats the case, get another, there easy to find, i have a seemingly endless supply of those things...

tucker42

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »
              It is better to give no information than wrong information. Would you like to have your posts corrected when you give wrong information?

Dead_reckon

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 01:49:25 PM »
              It is better to give no information than wrong information. Would you like to have your posts corrected when you give wrong information?

no ones perfect man, so why dont you shut up and get off my case?
              « Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 10:19:31 AM by Dead_reckon »