Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Linksys  (Read 7463 times)

Linkincubus

Re: Linksys
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 12:41:10 AM »
Re read the thread...

Even though I sorta already answered the last one by saying that I uninstalled/reinstalled the software, I don't see any questions here for me that I haven't responded to.  Maybe you could point it out (quote it) if you see something I don't.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:41:35 AM by Linkincubus »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 09:00:36 AM »
If your friend cannot configure the router to allow your laptop to use it then you cannot get to the Internet through it.  Period.  If your friend is able to browse the Internet, then he can use his computer to change the settings of the router to allow you to use it.  

Are you typing the IP address correctly in the Web browser on your FRIEND'S computer, or on your own?  Typing the correct IP address the correct way in his Web browser on his computer will open the Web-based interface of the router and prompt him for a password and user name.  If it does not, he is entering the wrong IP address.  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 09:15:18 AM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 09:14:49 AM »
What IP address are you entering for the ping command?

Linkincubus

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 02:09:16 AM »
If your friend cannot configure the router to allow your laptop to use it then you cannot get to the Internet through it.  Period.  If your friend is able to browse the Internet, then he can use his computer to change the settings of the router to allow you to use it.  

Are you typing the IP address correctly in the Web browser on your FRIEND'S computer, or on your own?  Typing the correct IP address the correct way in his Web browser on his computer will open the Web-based interface of the router and prompt him for a password and user name.  If it does not, he is entering the wrong IP address.  

Yes, I am doing everything on my friends computer.  His computer has the internet access, mine does not.  We are only able to browse the net on his computer, as I am doing right now as I type this.  I am typing the correct address in my friend's browser, and still getting a 'MSN' error page.  I did a few screen captures to show you that I'm doing exactly as you're asking me to do.

I appreciate the help pcdoc...

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 07:33:06 PM »
Type ipconfig /all and post the results...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Linkincubus

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 01:12:38 AM »
Type ipconfig /all and post the results...

Here it is:

Linkincubus

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 01:40:32 AM »
Anything?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 04:17:21 AM »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Linkincubus

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 12:26:16 PM »
LOOKHere

That software is pretty cool.

This may seem like a stupid question, but Computer A (the computer with internet) has a cable/DSL modem with lights labeled "PC", "Cable", "Data<Send, Receive", and "Power".  There is no router with computer A.  

Computer B (the other computer in the house with no internet) has a Linksys wireless card with an antenna installed.

So is the problem that Computer A does not have a router?  If so, should we have been provided with one when buying the internet service in the first place?  It seems that my previous roommate was provided with a router upon receiving the service.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 04:18:46 PM »
This has became a Novel and I can't get that bored.

I do think you need a Linksys wireless router.You got
one? :-?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.