Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computernewbie  (Read 3417 times)

Johnson

Computernewbie
« on: October 20, 2004, 12:52:32 PM »
hi1 I am new to comps and stuff and i wanna know some things ok? tnx

1 how do i put a p4 3.2 prescott on a 440Bx board? i wanna know cos i got it from my birthday 1!!

2 i got anohter pc and its got files and stuff so i removed a file i didnot wan t to have and now my comp wont boot what do i fix?

3 on this comp i got a floppy drive but it no ide cable how do i make it work without ide cable? my friens says i need to attach it to the pci slot or somethign whats a pci slot?/111!!

tank you very much i am new to this so pls be gentle cos im new to this and dont know what really to do and stuff ok?

merlin_2

Re: Computernewbie
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 02:04:36 PM »
question 1 that board does not support >http://support.intel.com/products/ht/Hyperthreading_more.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------
question 2 what operating system are you asking about

---------------------------------------------------------------------
question3 for the cost of an ide cable...i would not ruin a mobo to try what your friend suggested...

Johnson

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 02:29:59 PM »
hi merin

10 i want refund then can i get refund from this website? you  are organization of some kind yes/

2 i use windows i think its got a window with colours in it on startup how do i know what windows i use i dont know because i am not good at this

3 why would my fiend lie? whats an ide cable? where do i get that?

thank for your help you are a very nice person where are you from?!

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 02:36:30 PM »
http://www.computerhope.com/help/floppy.htm    an ide cable can be purchase from most pc stores  for a few pennys type ver in the msdos prompt   so the command looks like this c:\windows ver           it will give you what you have like win95/98 etc...

johnson

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 02:39:56 PM »
ok i buy ide cable how do i put in th eide cable?

what is msdos prompt? i donot hav e tthat i think do i need to dl that from the internet/

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 03:23:20 PM »
unscrew the case.*caution is needed if unsure leave it*..unplug it from the main power supply...connect the ide cable to the floppy drive and then to the motherboard...it will only fit on way....if unsure get your mate to do it..right -click on the my computer icon then click properties...this will display what version of windows you have..