Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wondering if Vista will help me out...  (Read 2695 times)

BL1N3

Wondering if Vista will help me out...
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:06:01 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and have a question...I'll try to be as specific as I can!

I have a few trojans and a few other things wrong with my computer (they all were found doing a scan and there were a total of 29 things). I'm not really sure how to describe them. A few of them are Trojan.something and others are w.32smething and a Bloodhound.exploit (I'm not sure if this even makes sense!). One other thing is that there was a file created on my computer under C: that has a name like 04ac4e41c58792e47....you get the point.

I'm running off of Windows XP that came preloaded on the computer...

My question is, if I buy a Vista disc and put it in the computer and install it, will it remove the files and stuff I mentioned before? I don't mind if I have to upgrade to Vista, I know some people don't like it, I just really need this computer for school! I've tried the anti-virus programs and they aren't doing anything along with windows live one help (?). Any information that anyone could give me would be great and I really appreciate it! I apologize in advance for not knowing much about computers, and as I said before, any help is appreciated! Thank you so much and Happy New Year!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Wondering if Vista will help me out...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:14:58 AM »
Click Here First

Although installing a new OS will indeed clean off anything on the machine you will also lose all your data and programs as well.

You may also want to check and see if the system meets the minimum requirements for running Vista.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "