Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help with atuomatic rebooting into ms dos mode  (Read 3898 times)

Genos

help with atuomatic rebooting into ms dos mode
« on: January 05, 2005, 04:05:44 PM »
tThe problem is as follows..

Basically we have an old windows 98 machine in my house. Unfortunately someone who was visiting us ran an old ms-dos program which id forgotten to delete, causing the computer to reboot into ms dos mode to run it. However the program is corrupted and doesn’t run properly and now my computer no matter what is done will only reboot into ms-dos mode and automatically run this program.

I can’t use F8 or anything like that, and there’s no command line for me to type in any commands. I tried creating an ms-dos boot disk with my windows exp computer, however that only brings up the A:> on the main screen which I can then do nothing with as no commands seem to work.

I know there is a way to fix this as last time this happened one of my friends was able to boot back into windows using some keys on the keyboard, however I haven’t been able to get in contact with him and cannot remember what keys he used.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Computer_Commando

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: help with atuomatic rebooting into ms dos mode
    « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 12:31:03 PM »
    I would ask your visiter what he did and ask him not to mess around with your computer in future.