Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do you stop dillo in DSL from starting everytime you boot?  (Read 3824 times)

Briguy

Topic Starter

Intermediate

How do you stop dillo in DSL from starting everytime you boot?
    « on: February 08, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »
    I loaded DSL and I keep getting the dillo screen at startup and I would like to turn that off.

I'm new with DSL and it doesn't explain the process of doing that very well. Could someone please explain it step by step?

Thanks!

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How do you stop dillo in DSL from starting everytime you boot?
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »
    Old post but I was curious about this one so thought I'd at least post what I found.

DSL has a few tools to help produce your preffered startup environment. .xinitrc lists programs that automatically start after X Windows begins. You can also start non-Window programs by editing .bash_profile and then adding .bash_profile to .filetool.lst. You can even load additional modules and system-specific or required files by editing /opt/bootlocal.sh (and then adding it to your filetoool.lst).

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein