Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft to patch Excel hole, seven others  (Read 2905 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Microsoft to patch Excel hole, seven others
« on: April 09, 2009, 02:53:18 PM »

Microsoft on Tuesday said next week's Patch Tuesday would include eight patches, five of them critical, including one addressing a vulnerability in Excel.

A company representative declined to confirm whether the patch for its spreadsheet software addresses a vulnerability that has seen "zero-day attacks" which target unpatched security holes. But given the fact that both that Excel vulnerability and the Excel patch slated for Tuesday affect Microsoft Office 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2007, as well as Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008 for the Mac, it could be the same weakness.

Link

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Microsoft to patch Excel hole, seven others
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:59:02 AM »
Microsoft on Tuesday said next week's Patch Tuesday would include eight patches, five of them critical, including one addressing a vulnerability in Excel.

A company representative declined to confirm whether the patch for its spreadsheet software addresses a vulnerability that has seen "zero-day attacks" which target unpatched security holes. But given the fact that both that Excel vulnerability and the Excel patch slated for Tuesday affect Microsoft Office 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2007, as well as Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008 for the Mac, it could be the same weakness.

Link

I have a Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954459) which keeps telling me to update. Even after I "update" it...
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.