Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hp touch smart problem :(  (Read 1804 times)

xcinddyy

Hp touch smart problem :(
« on: May 23, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »
My friend has a hp touchsmart computer that has a wireless keyboard. And yesterday i accidentally leaned on the keyboard near the ctrl alt enter space bar area which deleted all the photos in her webcam folder that i was looking through. i tried looking for it in the trash bin but it wasnt there so i tried using the search bar but it only led me to shortcuts to those picures that didnt work because the original pictures were not located. After that i had to turn off my computer to bring it upstairs. And when i turned it on it worked fine. so then i left to go home and she turned it off before she  went to bed only to wake up, turn it on, and see the boot screen for an hour. She cant get it out of the bootscreen and after that hour she tried pressing f8, f10, and f11 but nothing worked. I tried asking my friend that is quite knowledgable when it comes to computers and he thought it might have been a stuck button but shes pretty sure that isnt the problem. Can anyone help me ): she barely just got the computer. And im the one responsible for ruin it D: im sorry about the typos, im frantically typing this on my itouch to see if i can find and solutions to this problem. If you know anything please help me. the guilt from ruining her new computer is going to kill me ):

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Hp touch smart problem :(
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 11:19:02 AM »
As the computer is booting up she should still be able to get into Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key. Try pressing F8 over and over as the computer is booting up. If you get the Windows Startup menu then select Safe Mode.

If you're not able to boot into Safe Mode or Normal mode unfortunately it's likely a serious computer and/or hardware issue at which time I usually suggest the user try to do a format and re-install of Windows using the Windows CD or if this is a HP or Dell computer pressing the F9 or F11 key (as it's booting up) to start the setup.

If you're able to get into Safe Mode, but cannot get into Normal Windows mode I'd suggest first trying to recover Windows to an earlier copy. This will not erase anything but will restore Windows settings back to how they were in the past when the computer was working. Steps on doing this found through the below link.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000589.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein