Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System information script  (Read 12183 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: System information script
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 12:45:18 AM »
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback guys. I've changed it to "needs updating" as suggested homer.

Fantastic screen shot Broni, really helped out. Think this will be a little harder than I originally anticipated, but with some modifications I'll make it easier for myself. the "1" are place holders for when you're running a later version then the script things is available. I was unaware of the new Silverlight update (this is why I think the script will be great because hard to keep track of all the plugin updates).

Am I correct in assuming you're running Windows Vista? Going to have to make a clause for each of the Windows versions I guess because each version of Windows is going to have a different latest version.  :-\

Thanks again guys, still working on some of the updates, but have updated more.

Keep the feedback coming. :)
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 05:23:49 PM »
Yes, this is from Vista.

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 10:38:51 PM »
Thanks again. I've updated the script once again. I've had to break the different operating systems up since so many different versions available for each OS and variant. So right now broken into: 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Linux / Unix (still buggy), and Macintosh platforms.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

homer

Expert
    « Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 11:41:01 PM »
    do you have machines to test all those OS's?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »
    I can provide screenshots from 98, 2K, XP, and Vista.

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
    • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    « Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 10:58:04 AM »
    Sure that'd be appreciated. Normally I'd have a setup with every Version of Windows 3.x but I haven't moved all those boxes to my new place yet. Need to really get that done. ;)
    -Albert Einstein

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
    • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    « Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »
    While updating the system information script with later plugin information I also decided to add some features I've read people wanting as well as add some more.

* In the plugins section now on the far right of the table will be download links, which will open a new window directly to the place to download the plugin. This should make things a little more simple for getting the latest version.

*When viewing this page with Firefox the Additional Plugin information section will now link each of the files to the process tool to get additional information about each of the plugin files, if needed.

* If the Plugin is "Not installed" instead of showing this in red as a threat it'll now show it as orange.

* Fixed some other minor issues with plugin detection.
    -Albert Einstein

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
    • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    « Reply #37 on: November 18, 2009, 05:09:59 AM »
    I've updated this script some more to add some additional functionality and capabilities. Including the ability to show the Country, city, latitude, and longitude of your ISP (if found) as shown below.

City: Budapest
    Latitude: 47.5
    Longitude: 19.0833

If this is not found it will not display this information.

If you all don't mind testing this script once again to make sure it works properly it'd be greatly appreciated and at the same time may remind you to do some updates. :)

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/systeminfo.cgi

-Albert Einstein