How to convert WMA to MP3
To convert a WMA file to MP3, you need conversion software that processes the conversion. One such program, the Free WMA to MP3 Converter developed by Jodix Technologies, is discussed below. You can also download or purchase and install another program you prefer and follow the instructions provided with it.
Using the Free WMA to MP3 Converter
- Download the conversion software from the Free WMA to MP3 Converter website and follow the instructions to install it.
- Once installed, open the program to see a screen similar to the example below.
- Click the Add Files button to open the Select File(s) to Convert window.
- Select the file(s) you want to convert and click the Open button. A series of screens allow you to choose the conversion settings.
First Screen: Select the location and name of the Input File (the WMA file to be converted) and the Output File (the MP3 file to be created). Click the Next button to continue.
Second Screen: Select the MP3 Bitrate, Sample Rate, and Channel Mode settings. Click Next to continue.
Third Screen: Select or enter the Title, Album, Artist, Genre, Year, and Comment if desired. Click the OK button to return to the main screen.
If you selected more than one file for conversion, a confirmation message asks "Would you like to use same settings to other files?" [sic]. Click Yes to use the settings of the first file for the remainder of the files. Click No to choose the settings for each file individually.
- Click the Start button to begin the conversion. The file(s) selected is converted to MP3 format.
- Once the conversion is complete, you are asked if you want to view the files.
Click the Yes button to view the directory containing the converted file(s), or click the No button to return to the main screen.