How to download a video from Dailymotion
Dailymotion brings together a collection of video from various sources as well as uploaded videos from other users. Many users want to save their favorite videos to their computer so they can watch them without being connected to the Internet or so they can watch them on other devices. Below are the steps required for downloading and watching Dailymotion videos on your computer for free.
Saving a Dailymotion video to your computer
Today, many websites allow you to enter the URL of the video you want to save to your computer and get a link to download the file. Below is a simple three-step process to download any Dailymotion video.
If you are at a school or job that is blocking Dailymotion, these steps may not work.
1. First, go to Dailymotion and navigate to the video you want to save. When you've found the page, press Ctrl+L on your keyboard to highlight the text in the address bar, and then Ctrl+C to copy the Internet address.
2. Once this address is copied, paste that URL into the text field below by clicking inside the box and pressing Ctrl+V on your keyboard. Then, click the Download Video button.
3. If done properly, a new window will appear displaying a preview of the video, (similar to the one shown below) along with the Download links. For most users, we suggest downloading the MP4 format. Other available formats may include FLV, 3GP, and WebM. Once you have selected your format, click the appropriate download link.
After the file is downloaded, it will be available in your downloads folder.
I still can't download a video
If after following the above steps, you do not get a preview like our example, make sure that the link you are using works by opening the page in a new window. Once verified as working, try the above steps again. If the steps continue not to work, try refreshing this page by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard and following the above steps again. If that still does not work you can try installing a utility to download videos on Windows, Linux, and Apple macOS X computers.
It is only saving as audio and not video
Make sure you are choosing the "MP4 360p" or "MP4 480p" option from the download link. If you choose "Audio MP4 128," it only downloads the audio and not the video. If you did choose the right download link, it's very likely that the player you are using does not have the necessary codec for video files. Download the free VLC player for your computer and try to play the video file from within VLC and not the player you are currently using.
Dailymotion bookmarklet, browser add-ons, and extensions
If you plan on downloading several videos, you can also use the Computer Hope bookmarklet. See our bookmarklet page for more information about bookmarklets. There are also browser add-ons for Firefox and extensions for Google Chrome to download videos from video sites.
- How to download video from the Internet.
- Download YouTube videos and audio with YouTube-dl.
- See our Dailymotion and download definitions for further information.
- Internet help and support.