Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Dana Stewart Scott
Born: October 11, 1932
Computer related contributions
- Professor of Computer Science, Philosophy, and Mathematical Logic at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Editor-in-chief of the new journal Logical Methods in Computer Science.
- Has also worked on modal logic, topology, and category theory.
- Finite Automata and Their Decision Problem.
- A proof of the independence of the continuum hypothesis.
Honors and awards
- ACM Turing Award (1976)
- Tarski lectures (1989)