Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Enid Mumford
Born: March 6, 1924
Death: April 7, 2006 (Age: 82)
- British social scientist, computer scientist known for her work on human factors and socio-technical systems.
- Progress: the continuing journey of an expert system. Wiley. (1989).
- Effective Systems Design and Requirements Analysis: the ETHICS Approach. Macmillan. (1995).
- Systems Design: Ethical Tools for Ethical Change. Macmillan. (1996).
- Dangerous Decisions: problem solving in tomorrow's world. Plenum. (1999).
- Redesigning Human Systems. Idea Publishing Group. (2003).
Honors and awards
- Awarded the American Warnier Prize for her contributions to information science (1983).
- Honorary Doctorate by the university of Jyvaskyla in Finland (1996).
- The only British recipient of a Leo Lifetime Achievement Award for Exceptional Achievement in Information Systems (1999).