Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Henry Samueli
Born: September 20, 1954 in Buffalo, New York, USA
Computer related contributions
- Chief technology officer and chairman of the board of Broadcom Corporation, an American fabless semiconductor company.
- Named inventor in 70 U.S. patents.
- Owner of the Anaheim Ducks, and a well known philanthropist in the Orange County, California.
- Forbes placed Samueli's net worth at $2.3 billion in 2007.
- 1999 IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference, Digest of Technical Papers (1999)
Honors and awards
- Marconi Prize and Fellowship (2012)
- Dr. Morris Chang Exemplary Leadership Award (2011)
- Awarded the UCLA Medal (2010)
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers IEEE
- Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (AAAS)
- Member of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE)