Updated: 04/01/2018 by Computer Hope
Name: John Thomas Draper
- American computer programmer and former phone phreak using the legendary Blue Box.
- Wrote EasyWriter, the first word processor for the Apple II.
- Often referred to and known as Captain Crunch, Crunch, or Crunchman (after Cap'n Crunch, the mascot of a breakfast cereal). After discovering the exploit of a children's whistle to create a 2600 frequency and get free phone calls.
- He is a legendary figure within the computer programming world.
- Operated a pirate radio station out of a Volkswagen van.