Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Johnathan Wendel
Born: February 26, 1981
- Known by the pseudonym Fatal1ty (pronounced Fatality) and is considered to be the world's first prominent and accomplished professional computer gamer.
- Considered one of the best professional gamers in the world.
- Has won approximately US$500,000 in cash and prizes from professional competitions.
- Founded the business, Fatal1ty, Inc.
Honors and awards
- Inducted into the International Video game Hall of Fame (2010).
- Featured in mainstream newsprint publications such as Time, The New York Times, Forbes, BBC World Service as well as 60 Minutes.
- Awarded the first ever Lifetime Achievement Award by eSports.
- Holds a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
"I work out a lot -- you know being physically fit and making sure your neurotransmitters are working properly and making sure that you're on beat and you're ready to go."