Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Larry Press
- Professor of Information Systems at California State University.
- Worked for IBM and the System Development Corporation.
- Key interests include: data processing, multi-processor operating systems, simulation, decision table translation, simulation of concept acquisition and multivariate data analysis.
- Studies the global diffusion of the Internet, with an emphasis on policy and technology in developing nations.
- Has done studies of the Internet in Russia, Cuba, Chile, Nepal, Bangladesh, India, Singapore, and Vietnam.
- Active in ACM and the Internet Society.
- From Computer Literacy to Web 2.0 Literacy: Teaching and Learning Information Technology Concepts Using Web 2.0 Tools (2010).
- Published over 240 articles and reports.
- Editor or contributing editor for several magazines, trade publications and academic journals and periodicals.
Honors and awards
- CSUDH Outstanding Professor.
- Distinguished Teacher and Hyundai Outstanding Professor award.