Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Max Ray Vision (formerly Max Ray Butler, alias Iceman)
Born: July 10, 1972, in Meridian, Idaho USA
- Former computer security consultant.
- Online hacker charged with two counts of wire fraud and theft of nearly 2 million credit card numbers as well as approximately $86 million in fraudulent charges.
- Developed the arachNIDS database, 'an online community resource called the "advanced reference archive of current heuristics for network intrusion detection systems," or arachNIDS.
- Accused of operating Carders Market, a cyber criminals forum where they bought and sold sensitive data such as credit card numbers (2007).
Honors and awards
- Featured in an episode of the CNBC television program American Greed (2010).