Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Mikko Hermanni Hypponen
- Computer security expert and columnist for BetaNews and Wired.
- Known for his assistance in the take down of the Sobig.F botnet.
- Sits on the advisory board of IMPACT (International Multilateral Partnership Against Cyber Threats).
- Chief Research Officer for F-Secure.
Honors and awards
- Listed as #61 of Foreign Policy's Top 100 Global Thinkers (2011).
- Recipient of the Virus Bulletin Award for Best educator in the anti-malware industry (2010).
- Ranked #43 of the 50 Most Important People on the Web by PC World (2007).
- Interviewed by Vanity Fair magazine for an article titled, The Code Warrior (2004).
"The two greatest tools of our time have been turned into government surveillance tools. I'm talking about the mobile phone and the Internet. George Orwell was an optimist."