Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Stephen Robertson
- British computer scientist who is known for work on information retrieval and inverse document frequency.
- Research interests are in theories and models for information retrieval (specifically probabilistic models) and the design and evaluation of IR systems.
- Much of his work has contributed to the Microsoft search engine Bing.
- Introduction to special issue on the second international conference on the theory of information retrieval (2011).
- Modeling score distributions in information retrieval (2011).
- On the choice of effectiveness measures for learning to rank (2010).
- On the history of evaluation in IR (2008).