Name: William Stanley Jevons
Born: September 1, 1835, in Liverpool, UK
Death: August 13, 1882 (Age: 46)
- British economist and logician known for Marginal utility theory.
- Credited to have started the mathematical method in economics.
- The State in Relation to Labour (1882).
- Principles of Science (1874).
- The Theory of Political Economy (1871).
- A Serious Fall in the Value of Gold (1863).
- A General Mathematical Theory of Political Economy (1862).
"Can the reader say what two numbers multiplied together will produce the number 8616460799 ? I think it unlikely that anyone but myself will ever know."