Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Updateing BIOS  (Read 31400 times)

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Updateing BIOS
« on: December 26, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »
Okay so I recently bought Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for the PC via Steam, when I try to launch it, my computer either automatically restarts it gets the BSOD. I have looked it up on the activision forums and other people who have the same problem say it is because you have a AMD CPU/GPU. Other people who also have AMD CPU/GPU's have said that it was because of their BIOS being out of date and requiring a update, I looked at a YouTube video and it seems the guy also has the same problem and has the same MOBO as I do, I used a program called Bios Agent Plus. It seemed that I had multiple updates for several things when it conducted the scan, one of them included the BIOS. When I clicked the download drivers button it wants me to give them $20 dollars to download the drivers, why would I pay $20 when I can call my Motherboard's manufacture company and get them to help me over the phone or ask someone on these forums to help me.

So my initial question is, where can I find the drivers to download for my MOBO? Will this even help solve my problem? Will calling the company solve my problem too?

Thank you to anyone who responds! It is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:15:15 PM by PotatoMan »

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Updateing BIOS
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »
Just go to the website of your mobo manufacturer, look up the model number, download the bios and install it. DO NOT use a third party app or pay for it.

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »
Wow, I have been looking at Award Software International not Gigabyte! :| What a stupid mistake! Thank you! I may use this thread again if my problem isn't solved.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »
If your computer was purchased from a computer manufacturer (Dell, HP, etc) you can go to their website and go to the download section for your computer model.

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »
I built my PC myself, I have found the update sfor my drivers but when I try to install them it says I do not have a compatible version of x64 or x32, so now I am really confused.

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »
Okay now I have found the update for my BIOS, but apparently I do not have the right version of 32 or 64 bit to download it, or for any other updates for my BIOS. I am really confused :| I am getting the updates off the Gigabtye website.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 03:22:35 PM »
You don't have the right version of 32 or 64 bit what?

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 08:28:43 AM »
Okay when I go to http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3901&dl=1#bios I try to download the top one, but when I do and put it in a file and try to run the application I get this message http://s1216.beta.photobucket.com/user/Patrick2143_RCPAF/media/2123213_zps6816e5a0.png.html

Please help me!

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 10:02:35 AM »
That doesn't look like a bios update message. What is the name of the folder that file is in on the download site?

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
Well when I press "America" For the update to  CPU AGESA 1.5.0.0 it downloads, I put it in a folder so I know where it is and then I try to launch app and I get that message, I have tried the previous version of that one to and got the same results.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »
Please post the link from which you are downloading. I have a feeling you're downloading a chipset driver and not a bios update.

Also, what is the model of your motherboard?

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f13.exe

Is the link I am trying to download, it is supposed to be for a BIOS update, the model of my MOBO is GA-990XA-UD3

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »
That is a download link, not a page. You want to download the bios from here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4434&dl=1#bios

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »
Oh sorry I was using this page  http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3901&dl=1#bios

There are several downloads on there, that really confused me lol!

PotatoMan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
I jut tried to, put it in a folder and tried to run the application and it gave me the same error. My friend just told me I may need to start my PC up using a USB.