Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: install win nt on hp dc7700 sff, sata Hard disk  (Read 3904 times)

pcfool

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    install win nt on hp dc7700 sff, sata Hard disk
    « on: April 11, 2007, 04:12:47 AM »
    hey guys,
    i have problem with install windows nt 4.0, a new pc  HP DC 7700 SFF, intel core 2 duo, 945 chipset, DDR2  1GHZ running on dual channel 512 x2. hard disk 80GB  WD800JD   SATA-3GB. SATA DVD combo drive.

there's reason why install win nt on this system , because my company have some application only can run on NT.

everytime i put the installation disk and boot up, it start with a setup screen , start to load driver, then it just  reboot again, i guess it may be require SATA hard disk driver, may be i'm wrong,  somebody please help!

Thank!

GX1_Man

Re: install win nt on hp dc7700 sff, sata Hard disk
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:24:09 AM »
    You would be better served by getting some older vintage machines and run it successfully. NT has minimal requirements, and some classic Dell Optiplexes would work just fine.

<----------------

pcfool

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:27:25 AM »
      currently our company upgrading all our pc to this model . our previous model of GX240 work fine in NT. this is only one NT system we need to install some old version of program to monitor process and condition of machinery inside factory.
      the old model of GX 240 has included in our company upgrade list. it 'll replace by the new HP DC7700. now this is the problem . the program we use has tested before in last upgrade 5 years ago from win NT to win 2k.(from HP Brio and IBM Netvista to GX240). we are sure the program not working in win 2k and only work in win NT)

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 11:18:28 AM »
      If you've just GOT to have this program, you may want to rethink the plan.

pcfool

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 04:07:47 PM »
        no other solution?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
        They're might be but their might not... travel to the SATA drive manuf. site and see if they have Native NT drivers for that HDD that run under NT.
        Install them and re-boot and then see if everything works...
        If it does not i'm afraid you are stuck with running the older hard drives that will run NT and the program...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "