Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The future of technology...  (Read 15757 times)

kpac

Topic Starter
  • Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
The future of technology...
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:32:33 AM »
Post here if you have any news on what computers, etc., will be like in the future.

Heres mine:
By 2013, (supposedly) we will be able to download the lastest movies (2 1/2, 3 hour) in less than a minute with a 1 Gb download speed.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Experience: Guru
Re: The future of technology...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:46:49 AM »
Assuming the world doesn't come to an end in 2012. In 2023 we will all be assimilated by computers.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
Assuming the world doesn't come to an end in 2012. In 2023 we will all be assimilated by computers.
Resistance is Futile!

JohnTRidder

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »
Good! I’ve managed to get onto a post discussing the very topic I came back to discuss. My name is John T. Ridder and I’ve traveled back in time to help warn every one of the impending dangers that await you in the upcoming years, if you don’t stop following the path that you’re currently on. In the upco

kpac

Topic Starter
  • Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »
Good! I’ve managed to get onto a post discussing the very topic I came back to discuss. My name is John T. Ridder and I’ve traveled back in time to help warn every one of the impending dangers that await you in the upcoming years, if you don’t stop following the path that you’re currently on. In the upco

Ahhh...

And this has got what to do with this topic?  ;D

JohnTRidder

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »
Ugh. They cut me off again! I'm going to make this short, I'm from the year 2011, Obama is president, and technology and our dependence on it has the world at what seems to be a close end! Our planet is in termoil! Ice caps have all but disapeared floods are an every day occurance, most of Florida and California are gone. Put the word out our world in great danger!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 03:01:43 PM »
Give us something else and we'll believe you  ::)

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 04:25:51 PM »
hey I knew a guy named john reuter in high school.... maybe it's him and he just mispelled his name. :P
And as far as ice caps melting and global warming, it's just a cycle of the planet. It would probably be doing the same thing if we weren't clogging the atmosphere with C02. Don't get me wrong though. I still do my bit by recycling and riding my bicycle instead of driving and I even have a couple trees in my yard...... but I don't think global warming is anything we can stop or start.

oh but back on topic..... hmmm. nevermind.

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 04:53:56 PM »
    Resistance is Futile!
    LOL This is defientely the Terminator right here. Maybe will all gather in a bomb shelter while the machines destroy tha world.

or....

We create a droid army that could be used instead of our troops(so they dont get killed)

or....

if we get world peace in the year 2023 then we could focus our money on other matters. we could have mars or moon colonies and then we would have like www.google.moon or www.google.mars (not real websites).

or....

we have computers smart enough to be citizens in our everday lives and we could have a world were man and machine could build our future. Like the Megaman series(the new version)

but all in all we never know wat our future will be like. i mean back in the 90's people thought computers like the Iphone wouldnt be around til the year 2020 but we have them 12 years ahead of time. this is true for Moores Law.
    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

JohnTRidder

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 04:59:48 PM »
    Although I understand your need for confirmation I hope you can realize that those who represent me and allowed for me to come back didn’t want this to be public, there intentions were solely for profit and not humanitarian. So in the need to maintain this confidentiality I cannot be too specific. I’m just breaking the rules in the hope I can save many of my family members who have been affected by this great change.

Some basic things I can tell you:
    The Microsoft and Yahoo deal will eventually go through.
    Gas will hit 5.00 and beyond in the next few months. Our current gas price in a part of the US is 8.89, however, would be a lot higher if it wasn’t for electric car increases.
    2008 Olympics will go through fine with only a few demonstrations mostly untelevised.
    There will be fighting between Iran and other countries by the end of the year.
    The Dow will be below 11k within the next month.
    The Bush impeachment does go through but nothing happens of it.

Not sure what else to say or what’s on the minds of today’s people. Yes it’s true that the melting of the ice caps is a global cycle event. However, because of the increases of C02 in developing countries and the United States its drastically been increased well beyond the normal typical cycle.

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »
      Ugh. They cut me off again! I'm going to make this short, I'm from the year 2011, Obama is president, and technology and our dependence on it has the world at what seems to be a close end! Our planet is in termoil! Ice caps have all but disapeared floods are an every day occurance, most of Florida and California are gone. Put the word out our world in great danger!

look. you can only travel as far back in time until the time machine was turned on. so if you built the time machine in 2010 then you couldnt travel back to the year 2008(this year).

and your joking about this(be honest) because when it comes down to serious stuff(like the war in iraq) then its not funny.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »
      Sounds like some tree hugging hippie to me. ;D :P

JohnTRidder

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
      That’s partially true; the ability to travel back in time only needs certain aspects of time travel to be developed and not the entire machine. The fundamental aspects of time travel have already been developed in fact were developed a little less than a month ago with the help of CERN and an unnamed University in Switzerland.

I’ll also gladly take the title of tree hugger hippie as apposed to someone who’s helped with the destruction of the only inhabitable planet.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 05:42:02 PM »
      of the only inhabitable planet.
      Spotted your mistake.

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
        ok i would like to know the following( your email address) just send me a pm. because if you claim your from the year 2011 then you probably dont have an email account until then so if you dont have a email then your a true time traveler and tell us when you created your email account? (he he funny if they develop time travel in 2011 then a DeLorean Time machine  :D is a few years away.)

and I want proof. Are you pulling our leg(meaning are you joking with us) or are you seriously from the year 2011? I WANT THE TRUTH! No Lies!