Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: what happened here?  (Read 18872 times)

daydreamer110761

what happened here?
« on: March 04, 2005, 01:30:21 PM »
i didn't need any help - i came to read and help - so, what happened to everyone?  no problems at all?   ???

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: what happened here?
    « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 02:26:50 PM »
    daydreamer110761......Dont know for sure but it's probably a issue with the server ...........I'm sure the Admin will sort it out.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

semso

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 03:02:47 PM »
     ???
    I have a canon bj-200ex on an old 486dx computer running dos. when I try to print it just beeps and nothing happens, just the other day it was working fine, I checked all cables and reset the computer and the printer still nothing. any ideas?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 03:43:29 PM »
      daydreamer110761.......You might try removing the printer drivers and the n reinstall them just to see if thats the problem......Is the printer able to print a test page ?
      How old is the printer ?
      let us know
      dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 04:54:51 PM »
      YIKES  :o

Looking into it.
      Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      « Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 05:13:33 PM »
      Looks like it was related to the ongoing space issue Computer Hoe continues to encounter. ISP transferred over several gigs of raw logs causes us to exceed the disk quota. When this issue happens and posts are made because there is no disk space it resets files to 0.

I'll post additional information once I fix everything that went down.
      Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      « Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 05:15:55 PM »
      ???
      I have a canon bj-200ex on an old 486dx computer running dos. when I try to print it just beeps and nothing happens, just the other day it was working fine, I checked all cables and reset the computer and the printer still nothing. any ideas?

Reguarding your issue, it's possible that the printer may have a hardware issue (if the printer itself is beeping). Try running a self test on the printer. Often you can press and hold down a few buttons on the front of the printer to get the self test print out. Unfortunately I don't know the combination for your printer so you will need to refer to your documentation.

If the self test doesnt work it's a hardware issue and the printer will need to either be repaired or replaced.

:-/ Looks like DL65 already suggested what I  just said. oops
      « Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 05:18:51 PM by admin »
      -Albert Einstein

Computer_Commando

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 06:24:16 PM »
      ???

Out of ink or clogged might be it.

Matthew J Clark

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 06:34:43 AM »
       ??? ??? ???
      Little help please. I recently installed windows xp on my pc. It worked fine untill I turned it off. Now the only thing it does is beep. The moniter light won't even come on but the moniter is fine because it works perfect on my other pc.   CAN ANY1 HELP ME????

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
        • Yes
      « Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 02:13:28 PM »
      Here's my opinion... Your video card might have just come loose.... Open your computer's case, and ground the static electricity from your hands by touching the inner metal frame... Next, look for, and find your video card, and push on it gently, but firmly... After, just close your computer back up again, and turn on the power... Keep in touch...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Maragtas

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 02:39:52 PM »
      Daydreamer....

Dont worry, i'll make sure i'll have more questions for you guys to answer.  I'm a complete newbie to computer fixing.  Back then, i just play games. ;D

merlin_2

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 03:22:18 PM »
      on Mar 4th, 2005, 3:02pm, semso wrote:
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\>dir>lpt

markmorris321

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 05:51:10 PM »
      I have this terrible shooting pain going up my left arm to my. heart.

Any ideas?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
        • Yes
      « Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 07:53:36 PM »
      Go to a health forum and ask them... :)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Shawn Michael

Me thinks my pc has died.
      « Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 06:06:03 PM »
      Background:

Have a fairly new (about 14 months) HP desktop PC.  We moved two months ago to about an hour away.

Well, we moved all our stuff, PC included, but we stayed back in town for two more months.

Situation:

We have just gotten here, two months later, and I tried to hook up my PC again.  

Nothing.  There is a light in the back (green) that blinks.  It blinks fast until I unplug the PC, then it blinks slower and slower until nothing.

When plugged in, the front blue power button blinks at a steady pace, and when unplugged, nothing.

I can hear a faint ticking sound from the green light in the back when I take the case off.

I am not too computer literate as fair as hardware goes, but I am comfortable being able to do things if I can see what I am doing.  So any instructions that are written out step by step I feel I can follow.  I just need to read what I am doing.

I took of the case and noticed the plug itself goes into a metal box.  I see the metal box has a large group of wires and that snaps into the motherboard.  I think.  Well I unsnapped the wires from the motherboard and plugged the PC back in.  The green light turned on and stayed a steady green.  I unplugged the PC and plugged the wires back into the motherboard.  I plugged the PC back in and it went back to its blinking.

This would eliminate the metal box which I assuming is the power supply box.  (At least I think this eliminates it.)

The PC has been sitting on a shelf (not on a carpet) in a hallway for two months.  I am wondering if it sitting there for two months unplugged could have damaged it in someway.  I have no idea how.  But other than a short somewhere, I am at a loss to what is going on.

I have tried to hold in the power button, but nothing happens.

Any suggestions before I take this thing in and get completely ripped off?

Again, no fans come on, no drive lights come on, no drives accessed, no beeps, absolutely nothing but the blinking lights.

Help?  :/

Thanks for any advice you can give me.