Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Battlefield 2  (Read 39789 times)

jowser

Rookie

Re: Battlefield 2
    « Reply #30 on: June 27, 2005, 09:52:08 AM »
    No, haven't played demo yet, still at work >:(

Deffo goner download demo when i get home tonight.

;D

Have you played demo yet, if so what's it like?

colonel_sanders

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2005, 01:06:31 PM »
    Ive played the demo and the full version (which i have now), the Demo is good but only has one level on two different sizes, the demo time limit is 12 minutes per round with 3 rounds until it reloads the same level, the full version is worth it and is prety fun and best of all it has no time limit, plus you can gain lots of ranks, medals, badges, and ribbons in the full if you play on the ranked server,
    If anybody has any questions about the full or the Demo dont hesitate to ask
    BTW Dice canada made BFV and Dice sweeden made BF1942 and BF2
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 01:08:31 PM by colonel_sanders »

Raptor

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2005, 03:09:03 PM »
    The demo, from what I have seen, looked and ran good as you can see a few pages back.

Joleen

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2005, 09:16:11 AM »
    I used to play BF1942 on 128KB/s cable and 32 players would, depending on the time of the day, cause lag.. However, it would run smoothly most of the time. 64 players was a big no-no, though.

That would mean having to stop my dl's and I'm not gonna do that.

Raptor

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2005, 11:16:11 AM »
    Warez junkie.

Joleen

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 05:31:38 AM »
    Just how do you think I got BF2?

Raptor

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2005, 05:32:24 AM »
    Tooth fairy.

Isn't it out yet in America?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #37 on: June 29, 2005, 06:00:26 AM »
    Who of you is going to play Battlefield 2?

I've played the game a few times, great fun. When I do play logged in as "lucreto569" so if you happen to see me don't shoot!  ;)
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Raptor

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 06:07:55 AM »
    I may obtain the full version soon, once it is out in stores.

Smeg, its out. Now I can't use that as an excuse to stall. May as well order it.

colonel_sanders

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2005, 12:59:05 PM »
    The game should be out everywhere now

Raptor

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2005, 06:32:09 AM »
    Smeg. It's allready in ,that was far too soon. They said 6-7 workdays. I wasn't ready yet. Mentally or hardware wise!

Raptor

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2005, 02:21:15 PM »
    The game runs incredibly smooth. Offline, that is. Have not yet tried it online. It's amazing. Not even BF:V or BF1942 would run this smooth.

What bothers me is that they, once again, force me to use alternative controls. As the Delete/Home/End platform seems to be in use by common controls even when it is not.

I have been using WASD and I must say that I can much quickly access certain features, however, I can't reach the CTRL key, in order to duck, using my pinky without getting cramps. Frustrating.

colonel_sanders

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2005, 05:48:58 PM »
    BFV had a faulty code and thats why it sucked, and go to the bf2 official website, they said that the unchable key thing will be fixed so you can change them how you like them, so it will be fixed in next patch

Raptor

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2005, 04:41:57 AM »
    BFV had faulty code? Some people really enjoyed that game. Must have been the Huey with the *censored* radar. You know I didn't find out the Huey had a radar until I quit playing the game.

As for the keys.. I think I'll stick to them. I do notice an increase in speed when accessing weapons and other commands ,such as Spotted.

What I definitely will need is a 5 button mouse.. Unfortunately, I bought a 3 button mouse not too long ago.

Edit --

How do I zoom in with the sniper rifle and how do I decrease the number of bots in a game so I can learn to fly?
    « Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 04:57:02 AM by Raptor »

colonel_sanders

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2005, 10:06:28 AM »
    Zoom in by right clicking, On any rifle you can right click so it will bring up irons so you can shoot more accurately, and i have no idea how to decrease bots