Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What's the most saddest/foolish thing you've ever done?  (Read 11964 times)

Carbon Dudeoxide

Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
What's the most saddest/foolish thing you've ever done?
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »
My brother said 'I like rabbits' and I went 'Ribbit"

Soviet_Genius

Re: What's the most saddest/foolish thing you've ever done?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »
I tried to accelerate too fast on my bike and my foot slipped off the pedal and I kicked the ground really hard and fell.  ;)

Carbon Dudeoxide

Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:48:23 PM »
I WILL FEED OFF YOUR FOOLISHNESS

Annon

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »
When i was a kid i was obsessed with explosives and complex means in igniting and detonating.
My brother had showed me how to make an explosive of sorts.

All you need is a 50 cal. rifle cartridge. Extract the projectile,
crimp and fold the end. Attach the projectile point first onto the primer
making sure its secure. Now throw it and run. It will explode when it hits
pavement or dirt if thrown high enough.

But the first time i did this with out my brothers help, i followed the procedure to the letter; i could not decide what to detonate, long story short i was stupid kid did not what i was doing i ended up chucking the explosive at a neighbors green house. I really damaged the plants and green house.

Our neighbor was one of my Pop's old work buddies so after a really embarrassing apology things were smoothed over.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »
    Umm last week i was mowing my lawn WITHOUT goggles (kids, wear goggles when push mowing)  And a rock kicked off of the blade and hit me right in the eye.  Rushed to the emergency room, but luckily didnt lose vision (knocks on wood).  WEAR GOGGLES NO MATTER WHAT!

Carbon Dudeoxide

Topic Starter
    • Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:20:25 PM »
    My dad had a similar story when he was young. He didn't lose his vision either, thankfully.

Hey Annon, there is a similar thing you can do with Nuts and Bolts.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 05:14:33 AM »
      I was mowing near are wood provilion an there was a log.  I'm like okay theres a log, when I backed up I triped over it.  I had been wearing sandles since I dont care about them an right where the middle of your toe would be got under the mower well the whole foot but I was able to slip out of the shoe just as the blade was going to hit it.  Left a black mark on my big toe.  cut the top of my sandle but if I didnt get out of the shoe.  I would be missing three toes on my right foot.  This was a push mower. 
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 05:22:53 AM »
      Umm last week i was mowing my lawn WITHOUT goggles (kids, wear goggles when push mowing)  And a rock kicked off of the blade and hit me right in the eye.  Rushed to the emergency room, but luckily didnt lose vision (knocks on wood).  WEAR GOGGLES NO MATTER WHAT!

I was mowing near are wood provilion an there was a log.  I'm like okay theres a log, when I backed up I triped over it.  I had been wearing sandles since I dont care about them an right where the middle of your toe would be got under the mower well the whole foot but I was able to slip out of the shoe just as the blade was going to hit it.  Left a black mark on my big toe.  cut the top of my sandle but if I didnt get out of the shoe.  I would be missing three toes on my right foot.  This was a push mower. 

wow, lawnmowers seem to like hurting people. I guess their tired of being pushed around ;)

I've done a lot of stupid things, but I've (purposely, I guess) forgotten most of them- I do remember that in an attempt to "fix" a computer that wasn't starting up (no post, no nothing) I thought, hey, lets rotate the processor in it's socket! I still didn't get a POST, but I got sparks and sizzling...

It was a 486 so it was expendible, but that doesn't make it any smarter...
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 06:45:44 AM »
        Shocking isnt it?
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Annon

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 09:06:37 AM »
        wow, lawnmowers seem to like hurting people. I guess their tired of being pushed around

I lol'd :).

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Computer Hope
        « Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »
        When I was a lot younger (probably around 7) I recently just watched Pee-wee's big adventures and thought I'd imitate Pee-wee by putting my feet up on the handle bars with my hands behind my head. To cut the long story short I ended up in the hospital with a brain concussion for several weeks.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
        -Albert Einstein

Carbon Dudeoxide

Topic Starter
        • Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 02:44:30 PM »
        Ouch  :o

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »
          That reminds me, there was this one time that my sister had an away soccer game close to where I am.  I was plaing soccer with a group of people that I knew from school.  When I jumped up an caught the top of the goal with my hands backwards an it had come down an I blacked out.  I faintly remember it, I remember crawing back to the van an falling asleep afterward. it was a small goal.

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
            • Google
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 05:56:45 PM »
          I didn't look when crossing the road on my pushbike when i was about 11 years old, and a corolla (of all cars >.> ) hit the side of my bike, sending me sliding for a while. i wasn't exactly smart for not looking or for not wearing a helmet. i had a concussion and the person who hit me called an ambulance and i was taken to hospital. i was told to try not to sleep while i had the concussion though, and to try to remember as many things as possible up to that point, but my headache was killing me and i had to sleep, and for some reason they feared i'd slip into a coma, but i didn't. so this story has a happy ending ;D i was only clinically dead for a minute and a half due to loss of brain activity, if i remember correctly (ha!)
          definitely scared the *censored* out of my mum, as she was next to me for that whole time :S
          but i've always looked both ways when crossing a road since.
          Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.

alexK

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 07:59:36 PM »
          MAKING A DISC SANDER OUT OF A VACUUMCLEANER MOTOR.

This goes back to the mid 50's when my dad had an antique furniture repairshop. He had no powertools, everything was done by handtools. I suggested to make a "Electrical sander". He agreed. So I dug up a vacuum cleaner motor from a fleamarket. We clamped that thing in the benchvise, and attached a round cut disk to the shaft. It ran o.k. but not perfectly round. I suggested to put a HorseShoe file to it to smoothing the disk out.
          The motor got restarted and dad put the file to it. Then there was a bang and a loud scream from dad. The file had broken. The broken part had ripped him between the thump and index finger.   
          We raced to out family doctor to get it stitched up.
          The doctor and the Labour Inspection never suspected anything, since the damage was on the left hand and he was right handed, thus the damage could have easily been caused by a sharp chisel (as we insisted).

Thus boys and girls or anyone out there, don't try this at home or anywhere. And Dad, do not (always) take advise from your kids.
          Vacuum Motors reach a speed of 4000 RMP or more, don't play with them.
          My toes still curl when I think of it, and that piece of broken file, we never found it back.