Why is my printer not working after replacing ink cartridges?
This issue may occur for several reasons. The following document contains general suggestions that can help determine the cause and, in some cases, solve the problem.
- First, verify the tab protecting the ink from dispersing is not still on the cartridge.
- Verify the ink cartridge(s) has been inserted properly.
- If a lever has been changed from its original position to allow the installation of ink cartridges, ensure it has been returned to its original position.
- Perform a head cleaning on printer if available.
- Try resetting the ink cartridge counter. Consult your device's documentations to get instructions for your specific model.
- Verify no software errors are occurring and print a test page.
- If you are installing an ink cartridge not authorized by your printer's manufacturer, it may not be compatible.
- If any indication lights are flashing, refer to your printer's documentation or manufacturer's web page for additional information.
If the recommendations above do not resolve the issue, we suggest that you contact your printer manufacturer.