How to download a Google Docs document
Documents created in Google Docs are saved and stored in the cloud and available to share with other people. Sometimes, there is a need to download or export a copy to a computer as a different format or file type. Google Docs allows users to download a document as a PDF (Portable Document Format) or text file, and Microsoft Word or web page format. To learn how to download a Google Docs document to your computer, follow the instructions below.
How to download a document from Google Docs
- Navigate to the Google Docs website and open the desired document.
- In the menu bar at the top of the page, click File (A).
- In the File menu, click Download (B).
- Select the file type (C) you want to download for the Google Docs document.
- Retrieve the downloaded file from the Downloads folder on your computer.