Updated: 04/26/2017 by Computer Hope
A domain join is a feature introduced in Windows 7 that allows the user to securely connect remotely to their work domain using your work network credentials. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Click Start.
- Right-click Computer.
- Click Properties.
- Under Computer name, domain and workgroup settings, click change settings. You need the administrator password to be able to do this.
- Click the Computer name tab, then click Change.
- Under Member of, click Domain.
- Type in the name of the Domain you want to join, then click OK.
- You will now need to enter your username and password for the domain.
- Restart your computer.