Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Alexey Andreevich Lyapunov
Death: 1973 (Age: 62)
Computer related contributions
- Soviet mathematician and early pioneer of computer science.
- One of the founders of cybernetics.
- Specialist in the fields of real variable function theory, mathematical problems of cybernetics, set theory, programming theory, mathematical linguistics, and mathematical biology.
Honors and awards
- Awarded the Order of Lenin. Elected a member of the Soviet Academy of Sciences of the Department of Mathematics (1964).
- Awarded the Pioneer of Computer Technology Medal (1996)