Updated: 05/22/2018 by Computer Hope
Name: Andrew H. Bobeck
Born: October 1, 1926, in Tower Hill, Pennsylvania, USA
- American electrical engineer and former Bell Labs researcher.
- Known for inventing bubble memory in the late 1960s.
- Helped design communication and pulse transformers and one of the first solid-state digital computers.
- Invented twistor memory in the late 1950s.
Honors and awards
- IEEE Magnetics Society Achievement Award (1987).
- IEEE Morris N. Liebmann Memorial Award (1975).
- Awarded Franklin Institute's Stuart Ballantine Medal (1973).
- Member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- IEEE Fellow.