Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Carl Adam Petri
Born: July 12, 1926 in Leipzig, Weimar Republic, Germany
Died: July 2, 2010 (Age: 84)
Computer related contributions
- Petri nets were invented in August 1939 by Carl Adam Petri – at the age of 13 – for the purpose of describing chemical processes.
- Petri's work significantly advanced the fields of parallel computing and distributed computing, and it helped define the modern studies of complex systems and workflow management.
Honors and awards
- Cross of Merit, First class (1988)
- Konrad Zuse Medal (1993)
- Werner von Siemens Ring (1996)
- IEEE Computer Pioneer Award (2008)