Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Cuthbert Corwin Hurd
Born: April 5, 1911, in Estherville, Iowa
Death: 1996 (Age: 85)
- American computer scientist and entrepreneur, best known for helping IBM develop its first general-purpose computers.
- Cuthbert Hurd and his division developed the IBM 650.
- The IBM Card-Programmed Electronic Calculator (1950).
- Mechanical Translation: New Challenge to Communication Ornstein (1955).
Honors and awards
- IEEE Computer Pioneer award by the IEEE Computer Society (1986).