Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Norman Margolus
- Canadian-American computer scientist and physicist.
- Known for his research on reversible computing and cellular automata.
- One of the organizers of a seminal research meeting on the connections between physics and computation theory (Mosquito Island,1982).
- Invented the block cellular automaton and the Margolus neighborhood for block cellular automata.
- Founded and was chief scientist for Permabit, an information storage device company.
- Cellular Automata Machines: A New Environment for Modeling (1987).
Honors and awards
- Research affiliate with the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).