Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Peter G. Neuman
- Computer Science Researcher who worked on the Multics Operating system in the 1960s.
- Coined the term peopleware.
- Edits the RISKS Digest columns for ACM Software Engineering Notes and Communications of the ACM.
- Founded ACM SIGSOFT.
- Known for the Provably Secure Operating System (PSOS).
- Computer-Related Risks (1995).
Honors and awards
- ACM SIGSAC Outstanding Contributions Award (2005).
- National Computer System Security Award (2002).
- Fellow of the ACM, IEEE, SRI, and AAAS.
- Member of the U.S. Government Accountability Office Executive Council on.
- Information Management and Technology.