Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Ronald W. Schafer
Born: February 17, 1938 in Tecumseh, Nebraska, USA
Computer related contributions
- American Electrical Engineer, Professor, and Author.
- Known for his work with digital signal processing and digital speech coding.
- Former engineer at Bell Laboratories Acoustics Research Department.
- Former professor in Electrical Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology.
- DSP First: A Multimedia Approach (1998)
- Computer-Based Exercises for Signal Processing Using MATLAB (1998)
- Discrete-Time Signal Processing (1989)
- Digital Processing of Speech Signals (1978)
- Digital Signal Processing (1975)
Honors and awards
- IEEE Jack S. Kilby Signal Processing Medal (2010)
- IEEE Emanuel R. Piore Award (1980)
- Received the IEEE Region 3 Outstanding Engineer Award
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing
- Vice-President and President of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
- Life Fellow of the IEEE and a Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America