Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Saul Rosen
Born: February 8, 1922 in Port Chester, New York, USA
Death: June 9, 1991 (Age: 69)
Computer related contributions
- Lead software designer for the world's first transistorized computer, the Philco TRANSAC S-2000.
- Helped take Purdue to the forefront of high-performance computing at American universities.
- Lectures on the Measurement and Evaluation of the Performance of Computing Systems (1987)
- Electronic computers: A historical survey (1969)
- Programming Systems and Languages (1967)
Honors and awards
- ACM Distinguished Service Award (1984)
- One of the charter faculty members in Purdue's Computer Science Department