Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Tony Hsieh
Born: December 12, 1973, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Taiwanese American venture capitalist and Internet entrepreneur.
- Founder and CEO of the online shoe and clothing shop Zappos.com. On July 22, 2009, Amazon.com announced the acquisition of Zappos.com in a deal valued at approximately $1.2 billion.
- Prior to joining Zappos, he co-founded and sold the Internet advertising network LinkExchange to Microsoft in 1999 for $265 million.
- Delivering Happiness (2010).
Honors and awards
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year© Award (2007).
"Businesses often forget about the culture, and ultimately, they suffer for it because you can't deliver good service from unhappy employees."