How do I make Windows programs automatically startup?
To make a Windows program automatically start each time you boot your computer, perform the steps below for your version of Windows.
Windows 8 and 10 users
- Copy and paste the below path into File Explorer or browse to the below path.
Note: In our example, "Hope" is the username on our computer. You need to replace "Hope" with the username of your computer.
- Once the Startup window is open, find the shortcut, document, or program you want to start each time Windows loads.
- Once found, right-click on the file icon and select Copy.
- Back in the Startup window, right-click in a blank space in the window and select Paste to place that file icon into the Startup folder.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 users
- Find the shortcut or program you want to start each time Windows loads.
- Once found, right-click on the icon and select Copy.
- Click the Start button.
- Click All Programs.
- Right-click on the Startup folder and select Open.
- Once the Startup folder is open, right-click on an empty portion of the folder window and select Paste shortcut.