How do I make Windows programs automatically startup?
To make a Windows program automatically start each time you boot your computer, perform the steps below for your version of Windows.
Windows 8 and 10 users
- Copy and paste the below path into File Explorer or browse to the below path.
In our example, "Hope" is the username on our computer. You need to replace "Hope" with the username of your computer.
- Once the Startup window is open, find the shortcut, document, or program you want to start each time Windows loads.
- Once found, right-click on the file icon and select Copy.
- Back in the Startup window, right-click in a blank space in the window and select Paste to place that file icon into the Startup folder.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 users
- Find the shortcut or program you want to start each time Windows loads.
- Once found, right-click on the icon and select Copy.
- Click the Start button.
- Click All Programs.
- Right-click on the Startup folder and select Open.
- Once the Startup folder is open, right-click on an empty portion of the folder window and select Paste shortcut.